Thursday, October 23, 2014

Stevi Belle and her wonderful lady beads

When I first started making beads there were many beadmakers out there whose work I thought was "all that".   Stevi Belle's work was top of my list.  She hails from the western part of the USA - not someplace I was going to very often almost 15 years ago.  I have always drooled over her beads and recently began a quest for one.  Recently my quest has paid off.

Stevi has not made beads in many years.  She moved onto other creative pursuits.  But I think that this lady bead has really stood the test of time. 

Stevi Belle Beads
 I did not realize until recently that she created her beads on a copper core that became part of the bead.  This allowed the glass to be quite thin. 
Top view of the Stevi Belle lady bead
I am fascinated by this process as I am by the lady beads.

In fact I found another one online - a beautiful red lady called Isadora who is on her way to me now.

How can a girl resist. 




No comments:

Post a Comment