Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hilton Inspired Bead

I had a chance to do some beadmaking both on Sunday and Monday. I did not print the picture from the Hilton Lobby, but I tried to make that sort of fan image in the centre of the bead. Not quite like the image, but inspired by.









Then I just played. Believe it or not I am already thinking ahead to next year's Bead and Button and was making some toggles - they are such fun and I am thinking about proposing a class on how I make them.

I have begun to focus on more of a bicone shape. The tube shape is truly an easier one for me but after a whole year of intense marvering practice I have improved and that opens up more options. I really like this one. I do like the little flower motif - that shape is still quite challenging to make and I am happiest at my torch if I am feeling challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment