Monday, September 27, 2010

Shows and Classes

Wow, time is flying by. 

We had the Oasis show last week in downtown Toronto and now I am gearing up for our Toronto Bead Society Show (Saturday November 6 and Sunday November 7 at the CNIB Building on Bayview just north of Eglinton.  

This has got to be my favourite show.  I have  been at each and every show that the Toronto Bead Society has put on.  At that very first show I shared a table with two other glass artists and only had a few fishie beads for sale. 



I have not made one of these little guys in ages.  They were such fun!  Decorated hollows and I so enjoyed making the wee little lips!


Then the week after that I head out to Ottawa to be part of the Ottawa Glass Bead Artists Show.  This is their third year for that show.  Last year was just nutty for me and I could not participate, but this year I will be there with bells on.  After that first year we talked about the "perfect show".  The general consensus was start fairly early on a Friday and go into the evening.  Have a good day on Saturday and then just forget all about Sunday.  Well, that is the schedule for this show.  I am so pleased!  It will be Friday November 12 and Saturday November 13th. 

On the Sunday, November 14th I have been invited to teach a one day workshop entitled "Squash It" at the Glass Shoppe Studio in Ottawa.

My friend Grace Edwards just opened this shop in Ottawa and I am so very excited to be teaching at her place and I am also really looking forward to seeing her new set up. 

I taught this past weekend and as sometimes happens I do a demo and I think, Wow!  I really like this bead.  So, I played around today and made a couple of sets of five beads decorated with flowers.  I used to make these heart beads all covered in vines and flowers.  I still do sometimes.  But I am liking these ones - I am thinking about making myself a necklace.  I hope five beads will be enough!  These are both up on Etsy, so I only get to make a necklace if they don't sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment